5. Does the orthopaedic program have a strong patient education program?
Being well informed about your diagnosis, surgery, recovery, and physical therapy – on all aspects of your orthopaedic care – will play a very important role in delivering positive results.
Committed to patient education
At the OICM, we offer patients and their family members educational and support services that are important to optimum rehabilitation and recovery.
A comprehensive guide
Our award-winning guide to hip and knee joint replacement provides detailed information about all aspects of the upcoming procedure. The guide is also available to patients via the web.
Patient classroom time
We also conduct small but informative joint replacement classes and discussions. All patients and their family members are invited and encouraged to attend.
Patient Kits Include:
- Individual, post-surgical instruction in walking with assistive devices and/or braces
- Tips and advice for preparing a home for a patient’s safe recovery
- Instruction in self-care skills like bathing, dressing, etc.
- Exercise training on restoring motion and strength at home
- Information on post-discharge rehabilitation services, such as home health therapy or outpatient therapy